Chief Executive Officer Recruitment
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Our client, the Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Facility (CCRIF), is a unique risk pooling facility which is owned, operated and registered in the Caribbean to service Caribbean Governments. The CCRIF was launched in June 2007 with sixteen (16) member states. Further information about CCRIF and their operations can be obtained from their website at http://www.ccrif.org
CCRIF is seeking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with strong insurance and / or finance experience to lead the organisation and effectively deliver on its mandate as a Caribbean Community entity, to support disaster risk management in the Caribbean.
- The CEO will be responsible for the leadership and management of the operation of the CCRIF and all aspects of the performance of the facility and report to the Board of Directors.
- The individual selected will be the face of and spokesperson for the CCRIF in its dealings with the member countries and other stakeholders.
- The successful candidate will supervise, guide and monitor the performance of the various service providers (e.g. Captive Manager, Facility Supervisor etc.)
- The CEO will be responsible for operations and risk transfer as well as directing the Technical Assistance and Research and Development programmes.
- The ideal candidate will have at least ten years’ of executive experience in a progressive large scale environment in two or more of the following fields, finance, insurance, reinsurance and catastrophe management.
- The CEO will have completed graduate studies in a relevant area such as finance, risk management and/or business administration.
- The CEO will be required to represent CCRIF in its operations at the highest levels of Government and will therefore be expected to have strong regional standing, proven communication and negotiation skills, and will be expected to demonstrate initiative in fulfilling the mandate of CCRIF. Strong technical competency is also required to ensure that available resources are utilised efficiently.
- The CEO will be results driven and proactive, with sound leadership and strategic planning skills.
- An extensive understanding of Government financing, insurance and/or reinsurance trends and best practices and catastrophe management is critical.
- The chosen candidate may operate from his/her home in the Caribbean and travel to member countries when required.
A competitive compensation package will be offered and is negotiable based on the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
All suitably qualified persons interested in this exciting opportunity should send their Curriculum Vitae with full details of their experience, achievements and qualifications and the names and contract details of two business references to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us no later than July 9, 2012.