REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL SELECTION)
Country: Cayman Islands
Project: Central America and Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Program Project (P149670)
Grant No.: TF0A0564
Assignment Title: A Peer Review of the Exposure module of the Earthquake (EQ) and Tropical Cyclone (TC) SPHERA loss assessment model and related documents (“Peer Reviewer”).
Reference No: CCRIF-REF-11
The Project is financed through the Central America and Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Program (Program) Multi-Donor Trust Fund (MDTF), which is administered by the World Bank.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include a technical review of
- The deliverables of the Exposure Database(DB) of the EQ and TC SPHERA model, which consist of a geo-referenced exposure database that includes both buildings and major infrastructure target countries. The buildings part of the DB comprises
- Residential buildings
- Commercial buildings (except hotels)
- Industrial buildings
- Public buildings (except educational and healthcare assets)
- Educational buildings
- Healthcare buildings
- Agricultural buildings
The infrastructure part of the DB instead contains:
- Power generation facilities
Each asset is characterized by a location and by characteristics of the asset relevant to the assessment of TC- and EQ-induced losses (e.g., in the case of buildings: asset type, material, height, age, replacement cost). The location of buildings and infrastructure will be aggregated in the DB at the same level of granularity used in the computation of the effects of TCs and EQs (e.g., 1km or 250m).
The DB evaluation would also include, construction material, height and age. This would also extend to method and appropriateness of total replacement value modeled.
Review the exposure database to assess whether: (i) the linkages between exposure and vulnerability are appropriate; and (ii) the level of detail of the geo-referenced exposure database is appropriate.
- A technical document explaining the assumptions and methodology followed to develop and assemble the buildings and infrastructure exposure DB.
The Required Qualifications and Relevant Experience to perform the Services are:
- A degree in Engineering, Computer Science or an equivalent and suitable qualification;
- Experience in geographic information systems (GIS) relating to natural. catastrophe risk management and hazard and risk modelling or an equivalent and suitable qualification;
- At least 3 years of proven experience as a reviewer of catastrophe risk estimation models;
- Excellent analytical skills, and ability to prepare professional narrative reports summarizing observations and conclusions;
- Good oral and written communication abilities in English are required and
- Experience and knowledge of the Central America and the Caribbean context.
The assignment is expected to commence in November 2017 upon execution of the contract and the expected level of effort (LOE) is no more than 8 days over a two-month period.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found attached below.
CCRIF SPC now invites eligible individuals (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria is based on the above listed Required Qualifications and Relevant Experience.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Open Competitive Selection of Individual Consultants method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below by e-mail by November 24, 2017.
Subject line - CCRIF-REF-11
Attn: Isaac Anthony, Chief Executive Officer
Registered Office: c/o Sagicor Insurance Managers Ltd., 198 North Church Street
2nd Floor, Sagicor House, P.O. Box 1087, Grand Cayman, KY1-1102, Cayman Islands