REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL SELECTION)
Country: Cayman Islands
Project: Central America and Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Program Project (P149670)
Grant No.: TF0A5343
Assignment Title: Marketing & Communications Specialist – CCRIF SPC Central America SP
Reference No: CCRIF WB-REF-7
The Project is financed through the Central America and Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Program (Program) Multi-Donor Trust Fund (MDTF), which is administered by the World Bank.
Under the supervision of the CA SP Technical Expert and the Chief Operations Officer of CCRIF SPC, the Consultant will coordinate with the CCRIF SPC’s Corporate Communications Manager to ensure that communications strategy for Central America is aligned with CCRIFs overall business strategy. The Consultant will provide the following services (“the Services”):
- In collaboration with the Central America (CA) SP Technical Expert and the CCRIF Corporate Communications Manager, lead the design and implementation of a communications strategy for Central America and all COSEFIN member countries to help the CA SP Technical Expert develop and support the implementation of the CA SP Workplan; including the delivery of:
- Spanish-language products including news releases, multi-media packages, briefing notes, backgrounders, features, media talking points, question and answer documents, reports, technical papers.
- Content for newsletters, technical papers and booklets to ensure that specific needs of Central American countries are included.
- Content for the Spanish-language CCRIF website.
- Social media content including, text, photos, videos and audio for use in CCRIF’s online platforms
- The Consultant will also monitor coverage of CCRIF in the news within Central American media outlets and provide periodic (weekly) reports to the CCRIF Management and CA SP Technical Expert, to stay current on CCRIF operations, public policy trends and issues
- The Consultant also will:
- Assist the CCRIF Corporate Communications Manager in supporting joint communication activities with partners for Central America for COSEFIN.
- Collaborate with the World Bank in the technical assistance processes that include information about CCRIF and its activities
- Anticipate the communications needs and advise accordingly
- Support the implementation of strategic media campaigns/plans to support new business proposals/pitches in Central America, including providing where possible market intelligence regarding how CCRIF insurance offerings may be effectively “promoted” in the in the disaster risk management landscape.
- Liaise with the CCRIF Corporate Communications Manager to expand the existing database for disaster risk management stakeholders and media for Central America
- Liaise with the CCRIF Corporate Communications Manager to address, using the customary protocol, requests for interviews for members of the CCRIF Board, CA SP Management Committee where applicable and CCRIF Team in the print and electronic media within Central America
- Identify opportunities to publish articles and liaise with organizations and editors for COSEFIN member countries regarding requests for publication of articles; in collaboration with the CCRIF Corporate Communications Manager, provide input related to CA-specific issues; review Spanish translation of articles.
- Manage advertising/sponsorship contracts with Central American media, newspapers when necessary
- Assist with PR events in Central America such as Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signings, including planning for press attendance and coverage, and preparing materials for participants and media
c) Stakeholder Outreach and Partnership/Relationship Development
- In coordination with the CA SP Technical Expert, disseminate information and publications to Central American stakeholders on a regular basis
- In collaboration with the CCRIF Corporate Communications Manager, help the CA SP Technical Expert to maintain CCRIF’s Central America archives, including database (of internal and external stakeholders)
- Liaise with stakeholders who make requests for information received via the CCRIF Spanish-language website, following the protocol established in coordination with the CCRIF Corporate Communications Manager
d) Events Planning
- Assist the CA SP Technical Expert and CCRIF with events for stakeholders in Central America such as regional workshops and meetings
- Organize logistics re workshops/meetings
- Review Spanish translations of presentations and other strategic papers and documents to support the events
- Liaise with invitees/participants
The Required Qualifications and Relevant Experience to perform the Services are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or other related field, with knowledge of communication and marketing principles.
- At least 5 years’ work experience in the fields of environmental management, disaster risk management and climate change
- At least 5 years’ experience in the design and implementation of communications strategies
- At least 5 years’ experience in using information and communication technology tools and applications such as websites, training platforms, social media applications, document management systems, databases and custom-designed data transfer applications
The assignment is expected to commence in December 2018 upon execution of the contract.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found atached below.
CCRIF SPC now invites eligible individuals (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are based on the above listed Required Qualifications and Relevant Experience.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Open Competitive Selection of Individual Consultants method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained by sending a request by e-mail to the address below.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by e-mail by October 29, 2018.
Subject Line – CCRIF-WB-REF-7
Attn: Isaac Anthony, Chief Executive Officer
Registered Office: c/o Sagicor Insurance Managers Ltd., 198 North Church Street
2nd Floor, Sagicor House, P.O. Box 1087, Grand Cayman, KY1-1102, Cayman Islands