REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – CONSULTANT’S QUALIFICATION SELECTION "CQS")
Country: Cayman Islands
Project: Central America and Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Program Project (P149670)
Grant No.: TF0A5343
Assignment Title: Consulting Services for an individual consultant to be assigned the role of Communications and Marketing Specialist for Central America SP
Reference No: CCRIF-REF-7B
Under the supervision of the CA SP Technical Expert in Public Disaster Finance & Planning Services for Central America SP (herein referred to as ‘Technical Expert’) and the Chief Operations Officer of CCRIF SPC, the Communications and Marketing Specialist for Central America SP (herein referred to as ‘Consultant’) will coordinate with the CCRIF SPC’s Corporate Communications Manager to ensure that communications strategy for Central America is aligned with CCRIFs overall business strategy. The Consultant will assume responsibility for the following key duties:
- In collaboration with the CA SP Technical Expert and the CCRIF Corporate Communications Manager, lead the design and implementation of a communications strategy for Central America and all COSEFIN member countries to help the CA SP Technical Expert develop and support the implementation of the CA SP Workplan; including the delivery of:
- Spanish-language products including news releases, multi-media packages, briefing notes, backgrounders, features, media talking points, question and answer documents, reports, technical papers.
- Content for newsletters, technical papers and booklets to ensure that specific needs of Central American countries are included.
- Content for the Spanish-language CCRIF website.
- Social media content including, text, photos, videos and audio for use in CCRIF’s online platforms
- The Consultant will also monitor coverage of CCRIF in the news within Central American media outlets and provide periodic (weekly) reports to the CCRIF Management and CA SP Technical Expert, including as necessary to stay current on CCRIF operations, public policy trends and issues
- The Consultant will also:
- Assist the CCRIF Corporate Communications Manager in supporting joint communication activities with partners for Central America for COSEFIN.
- Collaborate with the World Bank in the technical assistance processes that include information about CCRIF and its activities.
- Anticipate the communications needs and advise accordingly Anticipate the communications needs and advise accordingly.
- Support the implementation of strategic media campaigns/plans to support new business proposals/pitches in Central America, including where possible market intelligence regarding how CCRIF insurance offerings may be effectively “promoted” in the in the disaster risk management landscape.
- Liaise with the CCRIF Corporate Communications Manager to expand the existing database for disaster risk management stakeholders and media for Central America Liaise with the CCRIF Corporate Communications Manager to address using the customary protocol requests for interviews for members of the CCRIF Board, CA SP Management Committee where applicable and Team in the print and electronic media within Central America.
- Identify opportunities to publish articles and liaise with organizations and editors for COSEFIN Member countries regarding requests for publication of articles; in collaboration with the CCRIF Corporate Communications Manager, provide input related to CA-specific issues; review Spanish translation of articles.
- Manage advertising/sponsorship contracts with Central American media, newspapers when necessary.
- Assist with PR events in Central America such as Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signings, including planning for press attendance and coverage, and preparing materials for participants and media
c) Stakeholder Outreach and Partnership/Relationship Development
- In coordination with the CA SP Technical Expert, Disseminate information and publications to Central American stakeholders on a regular basis.
- In collaboration with the CCRIF Corporate Communications Manager, help the CA SP Technical Expert to maintain CCRIF’s Central America archives, including database (of internal and external stakeholders).
- Liaise with stakeholders who make requests for information received via the CCRIF Spanish-language website, following the protocol established in coordination with the CCRIF Corporate Communications Manager.
d) Events Planning
- Assist the CA SP Technical Expert and CCRIF with events for stakeholders in Central America such as regional workshops and meetings.
- Organize logistics re workshops/meetings.
- Review Spanish translations of presentations and other strategic papers and documents to support the events.
- Liaise with invitees/participants.
Experience and Qualifications
The Consultant must possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or other related field, with knowledge of communication and marketing principles.
- At least 5 years’ work experience in the fields of environmental management, disaster risk management and climate change.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the design and implementation of communications strategies.
- At least 5 years’ experience in using information and communication technology tools and applications such as websites, training platforms, social media applications, document management systems, databases and custom-designed data transfer applications
- Spanish as a first language and fluent English; must be versed in discussing development issues
- Excellent writing skills in Spanish and English;
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of disaster risk, environment and climate change issues
- Strong communication skills and the ability to implement communication strategies that link communications with hazards, disasters, risk management, insurance, environment and climate change issues
- Ability to strategically advise on communications issues and products that meet, exceed and anticipate the needs of the CA SP
- Expertise with effective use of information and communications technologies to support the use of CCRIF’s online communications platforms
- Demonstrated knowledge of key stakeholders in the governments of the region as well as among regional organizations and entities and international development partners
- Ability to undertake beneficiary assessments
- Demonstrated experience in the writing, design and publishing of a range of technical and PR-related documents for target audiences in government and the public
- Proven work interacting with stakeholders in the governments of the Central America region, regional organizations and institutions, development partner organizations, and the regional and international press
- Experience in managing media relations and marketing campaigns in Central America
- Experience in agency and brand management is an asset
- Deep understanding and passion for communications and marketing
- Highly skilled in conceptualizing, writing and selling to internal and external audiences
- Entrepreneurial mindset that thrives in an ever-changing landscape
- Thinks innovatively and blends big ideas with realistic execution
- Great communicators and an enthusiastic team
The assignment is expected to commence in May 2020 upon execution of the contract. The contract period will be one year, with possibility of extension of up to one more year. The assignment will start upon execution of the contract and may require dedicated support of up to 220 working days per year.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found attached below.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
The Consultant will be selected following the World Bank Procurement Regulations on Open Competitive Selection of Individual Consultants.
Further information can be obtained at the address below. Expressions of interest must be delivered in writing or by e-mail to the address by May 8, 2020 at 23:45 Cayman Islands time.
Subject Line – CCRIF-REF-7B
Attn: Isaac Anthony, Chief Executive Officer
Registered Office: c/o Sagicor Insurance Managers Ltd., 198 North Church Street
2nd Floor, Sagicor House, P.O. Box 1087, Grand Cayman, KY1-1102, Cayman Islands