REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL SELECTION)
Country: Cayman Islands
Project: Central America and Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Program Project (P149670)
Grant No.: TF0A5343
Assignment Title: Technical Expert for CCRIF SPC Central America Segregated Portfolio (CA SP)
Reference No: CCRIF-WB-REF-8
The Project is financed through the Central America and Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Program (Program) Multi-Donor Trust Fund (MDTF), which is administered by the World Bank.
Under the supervision of the CCRIF SPC CEO and oversight by the CA SP Management Committee, the Consultant will develop the CA SP Workplan (in close coordination with the Communications and Marketing Specialist for Central America SP) and provide technical assistance to the CA SP. The Consultant will provide the following services (“the Services”):
(a) Overview of Key Duties.
(b) Reporting & Coordination. The Consultant will:
- Be overseen by the CA SP Management committee and his/her technical assistance will be coordinated with the strategic work of the CCRIF CEO.
- Interact with the CCRIF Chief Operations Officer (COO) regarding the impact of the CA SP Workplan on the budget and resources in the CA SP, including coordination with existing CCRIF service providers.
- Report on weekly progress regarding CA SP Workplan activities to the CEO, COO and Management Committee designee.
- Coordinate on a quarterly basis with the Management Committee, CCRIF CEO, COO and the World Bank team to review and adjust the CA SP Workplan as necessary to meet the Workplan’s intended objectives
- Provide quarterly written reports to the CA SP Management Committee which will monitor the fulfilment of the CA SP Workplan against the approved annual budget for the Workplan.
- Consult with the Management Committee designee regarding matters specific to engagement with COSEFIN countries and the Management Committee’s role within the CCRIF governance and operations systems.
- Consult with the Committee’s secretary/ies regarding any MoU or other form of agreement that will be presented to COSEFIN countries, to help ensure compliance with CCRIF, World Bank and COSEFIN Member State legal requirements applicable to cooperation mechanisms and to the issuance of insurance policies.
The Required Qualifications and Relevant Experience to perform the Services are:
- Experience interacting with and advising Latin American Governments and multilateral organizations about DRM from a fiscal perspective.
- Significant experience with advising or structuring insurance or reinsurance for Government entities.
- Expertise in change management strategy and activities.
- A good understanding of the political map of Central America, and of the different fora where COSEFIN Member State decision makers participate.
- Master’s Degree in Public Finance or other related field, with knowledge of disaster risk management and finance principles.
- At least 10 years’ work experience in the fields of environmental management, disaster risk management and climate change
- At least 5 years’ experience in the design and implementation of DRM policy/strategies.
The assignment is expected to commence in July 2018 upon execution of the contract.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found attached below.
CCRIF SPC now invites eligible individuals (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are based on the above listed Required Qualifications and Relevant Experience.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Open Competitive Selection of Individual Consultants method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained by sending a request by e-mail to the address below.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by e-mail by June 18, 2018.
Subject Line - CCRIF-WB-REF-8
Attn: Isaac Anthony, Chief Executive Officer
Registered Office: c/o Sagicor Insurance Managers Ltd., 198 North Church Street
2nd Floor, Sagicor House, P.O. Box 1087, Grand Cayman, KY1-1102, Cayman Islands