REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL SELECTION)
Country: Cayman Islands
Project: Central America and Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Program Project P175616
Grant No.: TF0B6011
Assignment Title: Chief Engagement Manager – CA SP
Reference No: CCRIF WB-REF-2023-2
The Chief Engagement Manager will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of CCRIF SPC and will be responsible for delivering the Strategic Workplan under the oversight of the Management Committee. The Chief Engagement Manager will interface with the CA SP Management Committee, which provides oversight of the CA SP’s operations.
Under the strategic direction of the CEO, and in compliance with CCRIF SPC internal rules, laws and regulations in the Cayman Islands, COSEFIN countries and the location country of the consultant as applicable, the Chief Engagement Manager will be expected to work to ensure customer retention and expansion, as well as revenue diversification and growth in CCRIF’s target markets by building and maintaining high-level contacts with current and prospective customers, business partners and other stakeholders.
The Chief Engagement Manager is expected to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the day-to-day management of the CA SP operations and to identify new business opportunities and provide input into product development and research & development. The Chief Engagement Manager will lead the development of CCRIF CA SP’s marketing, communications and engagement strategy and will play a key role in capacity building initiatives to support member governments and key stakeholders and partners, facilitating a better understanding of CCRIF and its parametric insurance models.
Scope of Works
The Objective of the Role of Chief Engagement Manager is to oversee the implementation of the business plan of CA SP. The Consultant will provide the services (“the Services”) in the Terms of Reference attached as Appendix 1.
Required Qualifications and Relevant Experience
- Education: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Actuarial Sciences, Disaster Risk Management, or related field.
- Experience: At least 20 years of working experience in general and, at least 10 years of working experience at senior management level. Experience working in the Central America
- Strong understanding of insurance, public sector fiscal risks, disaster risk financing. Relationships with ministries/regional disaster risk management agencies responsible for decision making and knowledge of parametric insurance, sustainability and disaster risk response would be preferred.
- Strong understanding and/or experience in technical and organizational disaster risk reduction and management and climate change adaptation. Strong project management skills and proficiency in project management tools and related technology would be preferred.
- Proven track record of successfully negotiating with partners and funding institutions. Existing professional networks consisting of contacts with private insurers, government officials (e.g., ministries of finance, insurance regulators, disaster risk management authorities, and related entities), relevant development partners, and academic partners would be preferred.
- Languages: High Proficiency in Spanish and English.
- Location: The Consultant should be preferably residing in Central America, if not, in North America to make travel and communications efficient
- Executive level management skills.
- Learn continuously.
- Collaborate and share knowledge
- Focus on clients.
- Communicate and influence.
- Innovate and try new things.
The contract will commence on January 3rd, 2024 with a trial period of 6 months with the intention of extension for cumulative period of 2 years, further extensions would be contingent upon performance.
The consultant will deliver a quarterly report (or, on a frequency otherwise agreed) that must contain the details of the activities carried out during the respective period and the days of effort spent. Payments will be made upon satisfactory delivery of the report corresponding to the payment period, for an amount equivalent to days of effort spent (maximum 20 days per month).
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found attached.
CCRIF SPC now invites eligible individuals (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are based on the above listed Required Qualifications and Relevant Experience.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Further information can be obtained by sending a request by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by e-mail by November 27, 2023. Expressions of interest must be submitted in English only.
Subject Line –CCRIF WB-REF-2023-2
Attn: Isaac Anthony, Chief Executive Officer
Registered Office: c/o Sagicor Insurance Managers Ltd., 198 North Church Street
2nd Floor, Sagicor House, P.O. Box 1087, Grand Cayman, KY1-1102, Cayman Islands