REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL SELECTION)
Country: Cayman Islands
Project: Second Central America and Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Program Project (P175616)
Grant No.: TF-B6011
Assignment Title: A Peer Review of the proposed updates for the TC model of CCRIF for Central America and the Caribbean.
The Project is financed through the Central America and Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Program (Program) Multi-Donor Trust Fund (MDTF), which is administered by the World Bank.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include a technical review of the following:
- Simulation of TC events based on a new catalogue, including:
- Evaluation of suitability of the new TC event catalogue purchased by CCRIF for updating the TC model,
- Calculation of TC-induced wind field and surge depth,
- Generation of TC losses,
- Validation of generated losses, including potential adjustments to vulnerability functions, and
- Production of TC ELT.
- Design of an additional trigger based on the damage rates in the most impacted areas, including:
- Evaluation of options for activating the additional trigger in terms of the scientific soundness of employed mechanisms for each option,
The Required Qualifications and Relevant Experience to perform the Services are:
- A PhD degree in Meteorology with a speciality in TC hazard and risk modeling, or an equivalent and suitable set of qualifications;
- Experience in developing and Peer Reviewing TC risk estimation models or other similar experience;
- At least 10 years of proven experience as a reviewer of TC risk estimation models;
- Excellent analytical skills, and ability to prepare professional narrative reports summarizing observations and conclusions and
- Good oral and written communication abilities in English.
- Experience and knowledge of the Central America and the Caribbean context.
CCRIF SPC now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria is based on the above listed Required Qualifications and Relevant Experience.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Open Competitive Selection of Individual Consultants method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Interested persons are required to declare conflicts of interest.
Further information can be obtained at the address below. Expressions of interest must be delivered by e-mail to the address by February 3, 2023 at 23:45 Cayman Islands time.
Subject Line – TC Upgrade Peer Review - KY-CCRIF SPC-285321-CS-INDV
Attn: Isaac Anthony, Chief Executive Officer
Registered Office: c/o Sagicor Insurance Managers Ltd., 198 North Church Street
2nd Floor, Sagicor House, P.O. Box 1087, Grand Cayman, KY1-1102, Cayman Islands