July 20 – August 17, 2022
Complete an application form to register for CCRIF’s flagship course in disaster risk financing that will be delivered online over the period July 20 to August 17, 2022. The course will run for 5 consecutive Wednesdays. 9:30 am - 1:30 pm (ET).
Students completing the full course will receive a UWI/CCRIF SPC Certificate and 2 credits.
Registration closes July 11, 2021.
Topics to be covered include:
- Natural Disasters and the Caribbean Hazard Landscape
- Introduction to Economic Theory
- The Impact of Natural Disasters on the Economy
- The Relationship between Disaster Risk Management and Disaster Risk Financing
- Understanding Disaster Risk Financing
- Disaster Risk Financing Tools – parametric insurance, CAT bonds, contingent credit facilities, dedicated reserve funds
- The linkages between insurance and social protection strategy – case study on the Climate Risk Adaptation and Insurance in the Caribbean Project (CRAIC)
- Introduction to CCRIF’s Parametric Insurance Policies and Models
- Differences between Parametric Insurance and Indemnity Insurance
- CCRIF’s Models: TC, EQ, XSR, Fisheries/COAST
- CCRIF’s Parametric Insurance Policies
- Overview of CCRIF’s Country Risk Profiles and Applicability to Development Planning
- Introduction to Integrated Risk Management
- Careers in Disaster Risk Financing and Disaster Risk Management
Part of the CCRIF Technical Assistance Programme
Free of cost
For further details, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org